Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kitchen Craft




I have admired the lovely tags that Sarah from A Beach Cottage made recently which she attached to her breakfast cereal jar and wanted to give them a go myself.

I bought some "sculpey" bake in the oven clay from Spotlight yesterday and while my Anzac Biscuits were cooking I rolled out some of the clay, cut the tags out with a scalloped cookie cutter and pierced a hole in them ready for baking. They went in the oven for 15 minutes and after they had cooled down I stamped them with black "StazOn" ink and attached them to the jars with some recycled string I had.

The jars are from Ikea and only cost about $3 or so and I think they look great in the kitchen. I might need to buy another jar as the decorating rule is "odd numbers" are more pleasing to the eye. I had fun being a little crafty yesterday and love the results. I found the clay very firm and it wasn't the easiest thing to use but when you are on a mission to have cute tags, you just keep at it.

1 comment: