Saturday, December 24, 2011

Snow Flake Brokeh











Two years ago I attempted to take photos of my Christmas Tree lights getting the brokeh to be in the shape of a heart. I saw a tutorial on Kevin and Amanda's blog and gave it a go but couldn't get it to work. On her blog today she mentioned the tutorial again so I gave it another shot and this time used a snowflake punch to give it the shape. It is more fiddly than it looks and I didn't do a particularly good job at taking photos however they are showing pretty snowflakes. Might invest in one of the little kits next year for Christmas instead of trying to make my own.

Origin of the word "BROKEH" for those photography buffs:-


The term comes from the Japanese word boke (暈け or ボケ), which means "blur" or "haze", or boke-aji (ボケ味), the "blur quality". The Japanese term boke is also used in the sense of a mental haze or senility.[9] The term bokashi (暈かし) is related, meaning intentional blurring or gradation.

No comments:

Post a Comment