Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home made Pasta

On Sunday the kids and I had our first attempt at making home made pasta. For some reason I have always been intimidated to try this myself and given that we needed a two hour window (one hour for preparation and at least one hour for drying) there never seemed to be the right time. The pasta we made has 3 eggs, 300 gms of flour and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil which are ingedients that most people have on hand at home.

I really had no idea what I was doing and at the same time wanted to take some photos of our process so as usual it became a big event. It's actually really quite simple to make and we ate it for dinner with home made bolognese sauce on top. The kids thought it was the BEST pasta they have ever tasted and we were so thrilled with our results. It's such a simple thing and we got such a big kick out of making it. Here's a few photos of our home made pasta making afternoon.














No comments:

Post a Comment