Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week in the Life 2014 - Day 1

This week I participated in Ali Edwards "Week in the Life" (aka WITL) for 6th year.  This is a 7 day snapshot of your life at this point in time.  It's a pretty full on project however you can be as light on with photos or as full on with photos as you like however I photograph our days from morning until night time and it's intensive.  Come the end of day 3 I think OMG how am I going to get through this however you just have to push on and today is day 6 and there's only 1 day to go.  I have written about it here.

This year Halloween was included in the week which will be great to look back on in year's to come.  This is our 4th Halloween in our little Estate and the kids look forward to it each year.  It's not really an Aussie tradition although in my single days we always went to a Halloween Party each year where we dressed up but not the "Trick or Treating".  Over the past few years this is becoming more popular with Australians and people seem to be doing it.  We live in a little Estate so it's a once a year thing where everyone comes out to go together around our neighbourhood and it's lovely.


 Here are a few favourites of Day 1 in our life for 2014.

Time to get out of bed.

Coffee and Soy & Linseed Bread with Jam for breakfast.

Time to catch up on some blog reading on the iPad while I eat breakfast.

Monday morning, rubbish bin day in our neighbourhood.

Time for the weekly grocery shop starting at Aldi.

Healthy wraps with ham and salad for lunch.

The Jacaranda trees are out in full bloom.

Sienna is learning how to play netball this term after school.

Sienna had fun jumping in the water that was in the gutter which is rare sight these days in times of drought.

A reminder on my black board that this starts today.

Late ironing of the school uniforms for the week.

1 comment:

  1. I love jacaranda! I'm always very sad when the flowers all drop and the trees turn green again but I look forward to them every year!

    This is such a good series. I would try to do a week or 2.

    ReplyDelete